God is at work in us
in and through us
We are so blessed. It is such a joy to walk together with brothers and sisters who are serious about loving God and loving others. It shows in everything you do. This past month the Reunion community opened their doors and hearts to so many new people and you made that happen. From making sure our church home was clean and inviting, taking care of the myriad of set-up and tear down tasks, to going out of your way to make visitors feel welcomed, you made loving beyond the walls of Reunion possible. Thank you for serving so faithfully!
As we enter into the summer months, the Reunion Church calendar will slow down a bit, giving time for much needed time away with families, out of school activities, and good old fashioned rest. We won’t stop loving or serving, but we will take some time to focus on strengthening our families and ministering to our children. VBS and summer camps are coming up fast, so please pray for our leaders and for the children and youth they will be ministering to.
Please remember to pray for Pastor Steve and Vickie as they minister in Zimbabwe – for God to use them and open wide additional doors of ministry. They will broadcast live from Zimbabwe on Sun. May 28th so be sure to tune in. You can also stay updated on ministry while they are there on the Fully Equipped Bible Institute’s Facebook page.
We pray you are blessed, strengthened, and encouraged in this upcoming month, and that God uses you to do the same for others!
“Seek me and live;
but do not seek Bethel,
and do not enter into Gilgal
or cross over to Beersheba;
for Gilgal shall surely go into exile,
and Bethel shall come to nothing.”
Seek the Lord and live,
lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph,
and it devour, with none to quench it for Bethel,
O you who turn justice to wormwood[a]
and cast down righteousness to the earth!
Amos 5:5-7 ESV
- Come back to God and His love and justice – come back to His authority, order and righteous expectations.
- Come to God and worship Him – worship Him alone.
- Seek good not evil; hate evil and love good – so that you and those you love will live.
- Pursue righteousness from the start (at the gate), don’t create the very opportunity that the unrighteousness of this world needs to overtake you.
that you may live;
and so the Lord, the God of hosts, will be with you,
as you have said.
Hate evil, and love good,
and establish justice in the gate;
it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts,
will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.”
Amos 5:14-15 ESV
- Make it your aim to do what is right, don’t compromise what is good and right for what is evil and wrong.
- Do not compromise the honor and glory of God for the dishonor and shame of the evil ways and rebellious will of men.
- Do what is right and righteous before God and before men.
- Do it for YOUR love of God; so that you might survive and live.
- The Lord God of hosts – the Lord and God of His people, will really be with you.
and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies.
Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them;
and the peace offerings of your fattened animals,
I will not look upon them.
Take away from me the noise of your songs;
to the melody of your harps I will not listen.
But let justice roll down like waters,
and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.”
Amos 5:21-24 ESV
- When chaos and confusion commands the culture – return to the order of God’s Word.
- When the truth is no longer spoken about good and evil – remain steadfast and attached to the commandments and covenants of God’s Word.
- When defiance, rebellion, self-aware and self-pleasured enlightenment create a personal appetite for society – retain and hold close to the authority and righteousness of the Word of God.
- When the end of all things seem to lead to uncertainty and fear – return to the beginning of all things – in the beginning was the Word.
God’s Peace to You,
Dr. Stephen Isaac – The Reunion Church
Registration is Now Open!
Stellar – Shine Jesus’ Light
Free Vacation Bible School
Ages Pre-K – 5th Grade
Dates: JUNE 12 – 16, 2023
Each day’s fun happens from 6:30-8:30 PM
For more information, call 623.979.5465
REGISTER ONLINE AT: bit.ly/ReunionStellarVBS
REGULARLY SCHEDULED EVENTS
06/6, 06/20, 7 PM – ROOTED COLLEGE GROUP, DM @reunionrooted ON INSTAGRAM FOR LOCATION
06/10, 8 AM – EVERYMAN MEN’S MINISTRY BREAKFAST
06/22, 5pm – WINGS WOMEN’S MINISTRY – DUE TO VBS, THERE IS NO REGULAR MONTHLY GATHERING. INSTEAD, WE WILL SERVE DINNER TO VBS STAFF.
9 AM – 10 AM
EQUIP ADULT BIBLE CLASSES: BIBLICAL PRIORITIES TAUGHT BY GARY BUCKINGHAM, BUILDING AND LEADING EFFECTIVE TEAMS TAUGHT BY HEATHER WOODARD
MOVEMENT YOUTH GROUP – JUNE TEACHING SERIES: IRONY
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY (NURSERY-6TH GRADE)
10 AM – 10:20 AM
GRACE’S CAFE – FRESH BAGELS, MUFFINS, PASTRIES, COFFEE
COMMUNITY WORSHIP GATHERING
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY (NURSERY-6TH GRADE)
WEDNESDAYS – 6:30 PM
CAMPUS COMMUNITY CARE GROUP
MOVEMENT YOUTH GROUP
REUNION KIDS CLUB (NURSERY-6TH GRADE)
OFF-CAMPUS COMMUNITY CARE GROUPS
MEET IN VARIOUS HOMES ON DIFFERENT WEEK NIGHTS AROUND THE VALLEY. CONTACT COMMUNITY CARE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Copyright © 2023 The Reunion Church, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Peoria, AZ 85381